Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sick Days and Mt. Major - July 24, 2010

The first week of July was a full one for me with 4 hikes and 5 peaks over 9 days.  It may have been a bit too much.  On Osceola I felt like I was coming down with a chest cold.  I stopped at the drug store and got some Zicam and a few days later did Hale with Brian and Anai.  But that following week the cold set in, enough so that I went to the doctor on Thursday who was concerned enough to give me some antibiotics.

In the meantime Anai had also been to the doctor and was diagnosed with a bit of tendonitis in her leg.  So we were both out of commission and Brian was put on ice.  I was feeling good enough by this past Saturday (despite being out of breath doing the five flights of stairs at work) that I agreed to hike Mt. Major with Brian.  Jasper came along again on this one.  Anai was still out of commission.  We did the same loop that I did back in June.  Mt. Major is a good hike to get back in shape.  

No photos this time.  While sick I robbed the camera batteries to put in the TV remote!

I'm not sure what this weekend will bring.  I'm not convinced my lungs are ready to hit the 4000 footers yet and Anai's status is still in question.  But if we hope to make a significant dent in the list this season we will need to get moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment